What makes our country great is the first amendment. Do you remember what it says?
Amendment 1. Congress shall make no
- Freedom of Religion: law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the exercise thereof;
- Freedom Of Speech: or abridging the freedom of speech,
- Freedom of Press: or of the press;
- Freedom to Protest: or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
- Equality at work
- Employers should not discriminate against us spoonies
- Sick days should be available
- We need affordable healthcare so that we can be productive citizens
- Public places need to be handicapped accessible
- Harassment is real, consequences need to be enforced
- the White House needs to support awareness
Yeah, the list goes on. Our nation’s laws can change according to the peoples’ needs. Our nation knows what we need because we have a voice and several ways for it to be heard (religious groups, speech, protesting, our press).
We were Great. Are we going to stay Great? If one of those rights is taken away from one group of people are we Great? Or just great? I think that is when “We need to make America Great again!”