Day 18: Write a list of things you like about yourself! It’s okay to have a little fun with this activity and be honest with yourself. This can include accomplishments you are proud of achieving, despite your pain.
- I am a Christian. I do not know how I would be without His help. I like that I grew up a Double Preacher’s Kid and the religious background that I was able to get because of how I grew up. I also like that I got to meet and minister to a lot of different kinds of people growing up (the longest I lived somewhere was 5 years). Knowing the Lord gives me strength and someone to lean on when it gets awful and I know He will never leave me alone to bare this on my lonesome.
- I beat the odds and earned my Bachelor’s and Masters degrees in sociology. Very few people thought that I could do it. A lot of people told me to quit.
- I am a twin that is a boy.
- I have an awesome family. Both of my parents are living and I have three awesome sisters, a twin brother, a sister-in-law, and my Uni. Two of my grandparents are still alive and I have a spattering of aunts/uncles/cousins.
- I am an aunt. My nieces are great.
- I have a high tolerance level–for stupidity and pain.
- I can create. I am grateful I have not lost my ability to create. I can write, although my skills have diminished. I can do crafts that usually turn out cute. My drawing is coming along slowly but okay.
This is hard. For everything I can think to put into the list I can think of two that would go into a list of things I miss about me or things I use to be able to do.